It is possible to retrieve the encryption keys for a group if a group certificate for the group has been uploaded to the Storage Platform Console.
- This is a proactive solution and cannot be used to retrieve encryption keys retroactively.
- To use this functionality, you must already have a valid group certificate in place (i.e. uploaded to your Console). To request a group certificate, please follow this guide.
- At least one backup should have completed before attempting this process.
- This functionality is limited to the Console and is not currently available in the RedApp.
- This functionality is applicable only to machine/server backup agents, as the RedApp handles encryption/decryption for cloud backup products automatically.
To retrieve encryption keys using a group certificate, follow the steps below.
1. Locate the relevant group and select it.
2. Click on the Keys button at the top.
3. Enter your passphrase and click OK.
The encryption keys will be displayed in plain text. It is not possible to copy text from this dialog, but you can export the keys to a CSV file and copy from there.
Article is closed for comments.