Redstor gives your customers the option to try out any backup service on the RedApp for free for 30 days. You can upgrade the customer to the paid edition at any time. First-time customers can try out any product or combination or products, while existing customers can try out any product or combination of products they are not subscribed to already. For more information on running a product trial, see Article 1501.
- Product trials are only available to customers on the new pricing plan. If you are still on the legacy pricing plan, please speak to your account manager about upgrading.
- Trials for Microsoft 365, Google Workspace and Salesforce are limited to 25 accounts per service (e.g. Exchange, OneDrive, Gmail). If you select more than 25 accounts for backup, only 25 of the selected accounts (as randomly selected by our system) will be backed up.
To start a trial for a customer, follow the steps below.
1. Go to the overview page for the relevant customer.
2. Expand the menu at the top right and go to Manage products.
3. Click Add at the top right.
4. In the list that appears, click the plus icon to add a product for the trial.
5. Click the Edit selection icon.
6. Change the selection to Trial and click Add.
You can repeat this for more than one product.
7. Once all products for the trial are selected, click Proceed.
8. Click Confirm to start the trial. You will see a notification that new products have been added.
You will see a notification that new products have been added.
9. The trial products will appear in the sidebar. The status of the trial will be shown at the top of the customer's dashboard.
Upgrading to Premium
1. To upgrade to the paid version of all trial products, click the blue Upgrade button at the top right. To upgrade only one product to a paid version, hover over the notification and click Upgrade for the relevant product.
Note: If you are a qualified partner on our new pricing plan, you will also be able to view an estimated first charge for upgrading the customer.
2. In the dialog that appears, click Upgrade.
On upgrading, any data backed up during the trial will simply be retained on our Storage Platform, and will not need to be backed up again.