To enable you to add Azure VMs to your Redstor backups, three roles must be assigned to your Azure service principal: Disk Snapshot Contributor, Network Contributor and Virtual Machine Contributor. To assign these roles to your service principal, follow the steps below.
1. In the Azure portal, go to Subscriptions.
2. Click on the name of the relevant subscription.
3. Go to Access control (IAM).
4. Go to Role assignments.
5. Click on Add > Add role assignment.
6. Search for one of the roles you need to assign (in this case Disk Snapshot Contributor, Network Contributor and Virtual Machine Contributor). Click on the role name, then click Next.
7. Click on Select members.
8. Search for your service principal name (it will start with "Redstor Azure Management", followed by a GUID). Click on the name, then click Select.
9. The service principal name will now be listed under Members. Click Review + Assign to proceed.
10. Confirm that the role assignment is as desired and click Review + Assign again. You will then need to repeat this process for the two remaining roles.