Redstor Pro offers two types of reporting: Enterprise and Standard. Standard Reports are only for customers with self-hosted platforms. For more on Enterprise Reports, see Article 107.
To get to the Reports view, open your Console and click the Reports button in the view selector on the left.
For instructions on how to create a report template, see Article 1123.
How to enable Standard Reports
Before you can enable Standard Reports, you must supply valid SMTP settings that will be used when the reports are emailed.
- To configure SMTP settings:
- Right-click the Standard node in the left-hand pane and choose Configure, or left-click the Standard node and then click the Configure icon in the toolbar at the top.
- Type the relevant host and port numbers in the boxes provided.
- Select Use secure connection (STARTTLS) to establish a secure connection to an online mail service like Gmail.
- If the server requires authentication, tick the Server requires authentication check box, then type the username and password details in the fields provided.
- Click Test settings to test that the entered details are correct.
- If successful, click OK.
- To enable a report:
- Double-click the relevant report category in the left-hand pane, or left-click it and then click the Configure button in the toolbar.
- Tick the Enable this report check box.
- Supply the required report configuration settings. You can enter multiple email addresses in the To box by separating them with commas.
Note: The BillingReport.csv file is automatically attached to the Licence Report and includes the Storage Platform licence information, specified per group.
- Under Report SyncSchedule, specify when you would like to email the reports by entering a date in the box provided or by selecting a particular email frequency.
- Use the Email this report now button to send the report manually (you may wish to do this to verify that all settings are correct or if you only want to run the report once), otherwise click OK.