Due to the differences in operating system configuration from Microsoft's clustering technology Cluster Shared Volumes, there are some limitations to Redstor support for ESE and Full System Recovery:
Limitations of ESE and Full System Recovery
- Full System Recovery is not supported for servers with Cluster Shared Volumes configured.
- System state backup and recovery within ESE is not supported, and restores do not work successfully.
- Backup of Hyper-V guest machines on Cluster Shared Volumes is not supported and does not work at host level.
- Backup of files and folders on Cluster Shared Volumes is not supported.
- ESE and InstantData can be used for file and folder recovery on non-Cluster Shared Volumes.
- For guest VMs running on Cluster Shared Volumes, ESE can be installed on the guest to run guest level backup as normal (normal Operating System support applies to the guest VM).
Please sign in to leave a comment.