Redstor gives you the ability to back up and recover the archive mailbox in Microsoft Exchange. Please note that the archive mailbox is not the same as the Archive folder (which Redstor automatically protects as part of its cloud service). For more on this distinction, see this blog post.
The archive mailbox forms part of Microsoft's In-Place Archiving service, which can be enabled by the admin from the M365 compliance centre. It is essentially a separate mailbox that assists with management of message retention across an organisation.
Recovering an archive mailbox follows the same steps as recovering a normal Exchange account. You can
- recover a single item from the archive mailbox,
- recover the archive mailbox to a new folder in the cloud as part of an account recovery, or
- export the archive mailbox to PST format (if you are restoring both the original and the archive mailbox, you will see two separate files).
- If you are an existing Redstor customer: Please contact your account manager or Redstor Support to request a licence.
- If you are a Marketplace customer: Archive mailbox recovery is available as part of Redstor’s Backup for Microsoft 365 Pro edition. If you have the Standard edition, you will need to upgrade.