Limitations of FSR to Azure
- FSR to Azure does not work with local copy.
- VM limitations:
- Boot disk has a maximum size of 2TB
- Data disks have maximum size of 32TB
- For limitations specific to FSR to Azure on Linux, see Article 1281.
If a VM does not appear to have booted successfully, a good starting place to find out exactly what state the VM is in is Azure Boot Diagnostics.
Because the data is being restored directly into an Azure VM, many of the log messages will only be available within that VM. In order to get to them, you can export the "Configuration Disk" (which normally ends with "VHD0") from the VM. On that disk will be the FSR agent used to perform the restore, as well as the log files from the restore.
You can also check the InstantData logs at C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\InstantData\Logs
- If you get an error "[Client] does not have authorization to perform action", the issue is most likely related to roles. Click here for steps to resolve.
- If you get an error "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host", the issue may be IP address whitelisting. Click here for steps to resolve.