Note: For FSR requirements, see our System Requirements and Compatibility Matrix
Due to our restore method, there are some limitations to using FSR.
- FSR is available for Windows only.
- Disk size is limited to 2TB if restoring to a local *.VHD file (VHDX does support larger disks).
- Any RAID volumes will be flattened during FSR.
- Boot volumes on dynamic disks are not supported in v19.7 and older (see Article 878).
- ReFS volumes can be restored, but only as NTFS (see Article 1147).
- FSR does not work with VMware EXSi free edition (see Article 1183 for more details, or see our System Requirements and Compatibility Matrix for all compatible editions).
For limitations and troubleshooting specific to FSR to Azure, see Article 1234.