Note: For FSR requirements, see our System Requirements and Compatibility Matrix
Due to our restore method, there are some limitations to using FSR.
- Disk size is limited to 2TB if restoring to a local *.VHD file (VHDX does support larger disks).
- Any RAID volumes will be flattened during FSR.
- Boot volumes on dynamic disks are not supported in v19.7 and older (see Article 878).
- ReFS volumes can be restored, but only as NTFS (see Article 1147).
- FSR to VMware requires a VDDK to be downloaded from our FSR resources blob storage. You will therefore need to either allow a network connection to this storage address or download the VDDK manually. Read more in Article 1306.
- FSR does not work with VMware EXSi free edition (see Article 1183 for more details, or see our System Requirements and Compatibility Matrix for all compatible editions).
- FSR of a Linux system to VMware is not supported.
For limitations and troubleshooting specific to FSR to Azure, see Article 1234.