Due to our restore method, there are some limitations to using FSR. For limitations and troubleshooting specific to FSR to Azure, see Article 1234.
- FSR is available for Windows only.
- Disk size is limited to 2TB if restoring to a local *.VHD file (VHDX does support larger disks).
- Any RAID volumes will be flattened during FSR.
- Boot volumes on dynamic disks are not supported in v19.7 and older (see Article 878).
- ReFS volumes can be restored, but only as NTFS (see Article 1147).
- FSR does not work with VMware EXSi free edition (see Article 1183 for more details, or see our System Requirements and Compatibility Matrix for all compatible editions).