In the ESE Data Management Agent, there is a number of views (see below) from which you can select data for backup. You can also simply use our Full System Backup feature. For a video on backup selection and how backups work, see this video guide. You can start a backup at any time by clicking the Backup button, or schedule backups according to your needs.
By default, the Agent will open in the Files view, which is used for managing file-level backup selection.
- Expand the drives and folders in the tree on the left to see their contents. Use right-click > Include/Exclude to determine what should be backed up.
- To select individual files or folders for backup, tick their checkboxes in the workspace on the right (or simply double-click their names).
- Item icons will change colour based on whether they are included in the backup selection (green) or excluded from it (red).
Use the Network view to backup network volumes.
- To add a volume, click a network name and then Add Network Volume.
- To remove or edit and existing volume, click its name and then Remove or Edit.
- Use the SQL view to manage your SQL database backup selection.
System State view
- Use the System State view to manage your system state backup selection, e.g. the registry or boot files.
- Use the Exchange view to manage your Exchange mail backup selection.
Note: This does not include Cloud to Cloud mail backups.
- Use the Hyper-V view to manage backups of your Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Use the SIMS, FMS and Discover view to manage your Capita backups.