In the backup client, there is a number of views (see below) from which you can select data for backup. You can also simply use our Full System Backup feature. For a video on backup selection and how backups work, see this video guide.
By default, the client will open in the Files view, which is used for managing file-level backup selection.
- Expand the drives and folders in the tree on the left to see their contents. Use right-click > Include/Exclude to determine what should be backed up.
- To select individual files or folders for backup, tick their checkboxes in the workspace on the right (or simply double-click their names).
- Item icons will change colour based on whether they are included in the backup selection (green) or excluded from it (red).
Use the Network view to backup network volumes.
- To add a volume, click a network name and then Add Network Volume.
- To remove or edit and existing volume, click its name and then Remove or Edit.
- Use the SQL view to manage your SQL database backup selection.
System State view
- Use the System State view to manage your system state backup selection, e.g. the registry or boot files.
- Use the Exchange view to manage your Exchange mail backup selection.
Note: This does not include Cloud to Cloud mail backups.
- Use the Hyper-V view to manage backups of your Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Use the Oracle view to manage your Oracle backups.
- Use the SIMS, FMS and Discover view to manage your Capita backups.