From v19.7, it is possible for Storage Pool admins to configure the Storage Pools over which they have control. This was previously reserved for top-level administrators only. Storage Pool admins can now:
- add a StorageServer(s) to their Pool
- configure their Pool's MirrorServer(s)
- remove StorageServer(s) from their Pool
- change their Pool's password
How it works
The top-level admin has to:
- Add a Storage Pool.
- Set a temporary password for this Pool.
- Add StorageServer to the Pool.
- Create a Collection with only this Pool as a storage location.
- Create a User for this Collection with the role Storage Admin.
The Storage Admin can then:
- Log into the Console in their new Storage Admin role.
- Change the password for the Pool if desired.
- Add StorageServers and perform other management tasks as needed.
Note: If the same MirrorServer is used by two or more StorageServers that are located in Storage Pools with different admins, access issues may arise when one of the admins changes their password. In cases like this, we recommend making use of a Mirror Account instead.