Note: This guide applies only to users of the Storage Platform Console. If you are using the RedApp, you will not need to set up an IMS yourself. User access management is built into the RedApp as of May 2022.
The Redstor Storage Platform allows your organisation to replace internal single-factor authentication (i.e. username and password) with single sign-on (SSO) through Google Cloud Identity.
To set up identity management through Google, follow the steps below. Note that this can only be performed by tenant owners.
- Log into the Google Cloud Platform.
- Go to Select a project > New project.
- Enter a name and location for the project and click Create.
- Click on OAuth consent screen and provide the required details.
- Click on Credentials and select OAuth client ID.
- Under Application type, select Web application.
- Supply a user-friendly name to identify the app, e.g. Redstor.
- In the Authorised redirect URIs field, enter the relevant URI. Depending on which Redstor platform you use, this will be one of the following:
Note: You will need to add a second URI for the Redstor web app if you make use of it.
- https://api.pro.redstor.com/auth/token (web app)
- ZA & IS
- https://zasp.pro.redstor.com/auth/token (web app)
- Click Create. A Client ID and Client Secret will be generated. Forward these to the Redstor Support team to proceed with your tenant setup.