Note: This guide applies only to users of the Storage Platform Console. If you are using the RedApp, you will not need to set up an IMS yourself. User access management is built into the RedApp as of May 2022.
The Redstor Storage Platform allows your organisation to replace internal single-factor authentication (i.e. username and password) with single sign-on (SSO) through Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
To set up identity management through Azure AD, follow the steps below. Note that this action can only be performed by tenant owners.
1. Log into the Microsoft Azure portal.
2. Choose Azure Active Directory in the sidebar on the left.
3. At the top of the page or within Tenant information you will see your Primary domain as registered with Microsoft (e.g. contoso.com). You will need to provide this to the Redstor Support team as part of your tenant setup.
4. Go to App Registrations.
5. Click on New registration.
6. Enter a user-friendly name to identify the app, e.g. Redstor.
7. Under Supported account types, select the first option (Accounts in this organizational directory only).
8. Under Redirect URI (optional), select Web and enter the relevant URI. Depending on which Redstor platform you use, this will be one of the following:
ZA & IS
Note: To ensure both new and older interfaces work with this process, you may wish to add further redirect URIs. If you make use of the RedApp, you will also need to add a second URI. Please see below.
9. Copy the application ID that is generated. You will need to provide this to the Redstor Support team as part of your tenant setup.
10. Add a password by going to Certificates & Secrets > Client Secrets > New Client Secret. You will need to provide this to the Redstor Support team as part of your tenant setup. Once your app registration has been created in Azure AD, you will see a summary of its information.
11. To add additional Redirect URIs, click the link to the immediate right of Redirect URIs, or go to Authentication in the sidebar on the left:
12. On the Authentication page, under Web, click on Add URI.
13. Add a URI and click Save. You will need to do this for each URI you want to add.
If you make use of the RedApp, you will need to add one of the following depending on your platform:
- UK: https://api.pro.redstor.com/auth/token
- ZA & IS: https://zasp.pro.redstor.com/auth/token
Whether or not you use the RedApp, it is also recommended that you add the following: