Redstor’s Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) Agent gives you the option to backup not only a selection of files, but all data and metadata on a system, including the system state - which significantly simplifies the disaster recovery process. When Full System Backup (FSB) is enabled, system information from the time of the backup (e.g. the OS, any installed software, installed updates, and hot fixes) is always included in the backup selection.
How to backup
To enable FSB, simply switch on the button above the workspace in your Agent.
Note: When enabling FSB on an Azure Virtual Machine with a temporary disk, we recommend excluding the temporary disk from the backup selection. Read more here.
How to recover
Select one of the following options:
- Recover your Full System Backup permanently.
- Recover your system to a new VMware virtual machine.
- Recover your system to Azure.
- Do a Bare Metal Recovery
- Limitations of FSR
- FSR to Azure limitations and troubleshooting
- Full System Recovery to Azure on Linux
Article is closed for comments.