Backup and recovery of machines form part of our web app service. To backup a machine, watch our video guide here, or follow the steps below. If you have already downloaded an agent installer file, skip to here.
Step 1: Create a folder to house your machine
1. Log into the Redstor web app.
2. Click on Machines in the sidebar.
3. Click on Add folder at the top. You will be asked to provide a name for your folder.
Note: A folder refers to what is known as a group in the Storage Platform Console.
4. An overview of your folder will appear.
5. Click the ellipsis next to the Deploy button to expand the folder settings. Select Set storage limit.
6. Set a default storage limit for machines in this folder, and click the check mark to save.
Step 2: Deploy an agent to install on your machine
1. On the folder overview, click on Deploy at the top.
2. Select your operating system.
3. Make sure Full System Backup and Remote Acccess are enabled, for optimal performance.
4. Provide an encryption key, or use the generated key, and store this key in a safe place. Then click Download Agent to get the installer file for your machine's backup agent.
1. Run the downloaded installer file on the machine you want to backup.
2. Once the installation has completed, you can open the Agent from the Start Menu. If the application is not yet visible, you can open the tray application in C:\Program Files\Redstor Pro\Backup Client ESE from the File Explorer.
1. Replacing "filename" with the installer executable's name, run
sudo chmod +x filename.sh
This will trigger a silent install of the agent into the default installation folder.
2. Once the installation has completed, you can start the Agent UI by launching "Redstor Pro ESE" from the desktop, or by running
from a terminal.
For more on ESE for Linux, see Article 1027.
Step 4: Start backing up
To run your first backup, click the Backup button at the top.
If you need help recovering the machine, see Article 1316.