Migrating the AccountServer
When an AccountServer needs to be migrated to new hardware or a new site, or when it is decommissioned, failover and failback measures can be employed to ensure that no data loss occurs. Simply follow the steps below.
- Failover (see Article 1152) to the Slave AccountServer.
- Move the original (Master) AccountServer to its new location as required.
- If the Master is to be decommissioned, create a new Slave AccountServer, and fail back to it.
- If the Master is to remain in use, fail back to it.
Migrating the StorageServer
When a StorageServer needs to be migrated to a new data centre or host, you may prefer to do this by promoting a MirrorServer to a StorageServer. Failover and failback measures can be employed to ensure that no data loss occurs. Simply follow the steps below.
- Promote the MirrorServer to a StorageServer and failover to this StorageServer (see Article 1152).
- Move the original StorageServer to its new location as required and turn it back on. Alternatively, if the original StorageServer is being decommissioned, you can create a new MirrorServer to fail back to.
- Run IntegrityChecks on the data on both the original StorageServer and on the promoted MirrorServer.
- Mirror back to the original StorageServer, and run an IntegrityCheck again.