The Redstor backup client gives you the ability to restore data from a MirrorServer when the primary StorageServer is unavailable or unreachable. You will need connectivity between the backup client and the MirrorServer on the specified port to allow the restore to run.
Note: Restoring the data from a MirrorServer deletes the existing data on your StorageServer. Use with caution and ensure that your MirrorServer is also configured before starting this process.
Restoring from a MirrorServer in ESE
1. In the ESE backup client, open the Restore tab.
2. Click Restore from alternate server… on the right.
3. In the dialog box that appears, select Last known MirrorServer and click OK.
4. The Restore workspace will be populated with all the restore points that are available on the MirrorServer (except for the latest backups if the mirroring task is still running). The link to the right now reads Restoring from MirrorServer….
5. Select the desired restore point from the drop-down menu, make the restore selection, and start the restore.
To disable restoring from the MirrorServer and revert to restoring from the Storage Platform again, click Restoring form MirrorServer... and tick Storage Platform (default) in the dialog box that appears. Click OK.
Restoring from a MirrorServer in SE
Click the Options button in the toolbar at the top, click Import Restore Snapshot then tick the Do restores from recovery server option. Enter the IP address (and port) of the MirrorServer.