Whether you host your own Storage Platform or make use of Redstor’s, you will need a Console to manage your data. Watch our how-to video to learn how to install your Console, or read on for more detailed instructions.
Installing your Console
1. Run the Console installer. This will launch the Setup Wizard. Click Next to begin the installation setup.
2. Select an installation location for the Console.
3. Select (or decline) a Start Menu location for the Console.
4. Indicate whether a desktop icon should be created.
5. Click Install, wait for the installation to complete, and then click Finish to close the wizard.
Note: To access the Console in future, type “Console” into the Start Menu or use the desktop shortcut.
6. Once the Console is installed, you can use it to connect to a Storage Platform (via the AccountServer) or directly to a MirrorServer.
The first time you access the Console, an Add Storage Platform dialog box will appear.
Select a connection type and enter your IP address. Click Save and Connect. Alternatively, to add multiple AccountServers to the connection list without having to connect to each AccountServer, simply click Save.
Note: To add another AccountServer at a later time, simply open the Console in the Storage Platform Configuration view and go to Connections > Add Storage Platform.
7. If preferred, you can change your password at this point by going to Tools > Change Password. Once the password has been changed, you can restart the Console and reconnect using the new password.
Now that you've got your Console up and running, you can link Agents to it.