The catch-up functionality enables you to manually bring your MirrorServer up to date if it is a few days behind and there is too much data to be transferred over limited bandwidth.
1. Open the Storage Platform Console in the Storage Platform Configuration view. Right-click the name of the StorageServer that is connected to the MirrorServer you wish to update and click Configure StorageServer.
2. In the Mirror To tab of the dialog box that appears, in the Create Catch-up area at the bottom, specify a destination directory (e.g. a USB hard drive connected to the Storage Platform) and click Start. The Storage Platform will copy all relevant account data to the specified directory. You will be notified when this process has completed.
- You will need to use an NTFS formatted drive, as exFAT formatted drives are not supported for transfer.
- Mirroring will be disabled during the data transfer process of the catch-up. You will need to enable mirroring on the main StorageServer again (using the checkbox in the Mirror To tab) once the catch-up is complete.
3. Next, connect the destination USB hard drive to the MirrorServer so that the data can be imported. In the Mirror From tab of the Configure StorageServer dialog box, specify the destination directory (in this case the USB hard drive) and click Start. The Storage Platform will transfer the data and notify you when the process is complete.