Redstor's Storage Platform Console offers two types of reporting: Enterprise and Standard. The Enterprise Reports functionality is installed by default and can be used by any Administrator, while Standard Reports are only for customers with self-hosted platforms. Read more about Standard Reports here.
To get to the Reports view, open your Storage Platform Console and click the Reports button in the view selector on the left.
To make use of reporting, see our instructions below:
Note: For instructions on how to create a report template, see Article 1123.
How to schedule an email Enterprise Report
- In the work area to the right, right-click the name of the report you want to schedule and choose Schedule Report, or left-click the report name and click the Schedule report button on the toolbar.
- If you did not select a specific report in the previous step, you will now be prompted to do so.
- Provide a name and description for this report, then click Next.
- Specify the delivery schedule. Note that the time must be specified in Universal Coordinated Time (24-hour time).
- Specify the delivery options. Use the Add button to specify the addresses where the report should be emailed. Multiple email addresses should be separated with semicolons.
- All scheduled reports are displayed in the Scheduled Reports tab in the work area. This screen can be presented for auditing purposes.
- To modify or delete an existing scheduled report, right-click the report and choose Configure or Delete. There are also buttons for these actions on the main toolbar at the top.
- If you are prompted to specify a group as part of scheduling a report, enter the complete group path (e.g. Staff\All\Backups), otherwise the report will not work.
How to manually generate an Enterprise Report
Aside from scheduling reports, you can also manually run a report at any time. To run a report manually:
- In the Reports tree on the left, click on a report category.
- In the work area to the right, double-click the name of the report you want to view. You can also right-click and choose Show report.
Note: If you are prompted to specify a group for the report, enter the complete group path (e.g. Staff\All\Backups), otherwise the report will not work.
- The report will open in your default Internet browser.