The snapshot import feature enables you to restore large amounts of data from a locally connected device to a machine via the ESE Agent. If a snapshot is of a full backup, it can be used to restore all files in the backup selection. not only the modified ones. The snapshot restore functionality uses 256-bit AES encryption and the backup encryption key to encrypt the data.
Before you can perform the steps below, the snapshot data needs to have been exported from the StorageServer to a mobile storage device by a Platform or Storage Administrator. For more information, see Article 1269.
How to import a restore snapshot
- Connect the mobile storage device containing the snapshot data to the Agent machine or to a Local Area Network where it will have access to the Agent machine.
- On the Agent's Tools menu, point to Snapshot, and then click Import Restore Snapshot.
- Select Show Restore Snapshot(s) in Restore panel.
- Specify the path to the Snapshot-Restore folder containing the data. The default location that is provided is C:\Backups\Import\Snapshot-Restore, but this folder is not created automatically. If you wish to use this location, you need to create the relevant folder structure on the machine and then paste the snapshot data into the Snapshot-Restore folder. Alternatively, use the Browse button to browse to the location where you have saved the snapshot data.
- Click OK. You can now browse the contents of the snapshot and restore the files and folders of your choice.