Note: Open file detection is similar to Server Edition's Mandatory Patching
The backup client is unable to detect changes to some files that are always open i.e. the size or last modified date never changes. Examples of such files are Pervasive and MongoDB databases.
To backup these file types successfully you need to enable open file detection in the ESE backup client.
Change the ESE backup client service to run as an Administrator. (This avoids possible lockup during the scanning phase of the backup.)
- Stop the ESE backup client service and edit the a5backup.properties file. The default location is C:\Program Files\Redstor Backup Pro\Backup Client ESE\.
- Add the following setting:
- With Archiving enabled, also add the following setting:
- Save the file and start the Service.
- Ensure all the relevant files are included in the backup selection.