Note: If you do not yet have a Group Certificate, see Article 009.
To upload a Group Certificate to the Storage Platform:
- Navigate to the certificate on the machine running the Console. The default location is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates, but the directory may differ depending on your operating system.
- The Certificates folder contains subfolders for each Collection and/or Group on the Storage Platform. Paste the "groupcertsigned.crt" file into the relevant Group folder. Example: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates\[groupname]onlinebackup.redstor.com
- Next, open the Account Management view in the Storage Platform Console.
- Right-click the applicable Group name and click Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Click Upload Group Certificate.
An Account user’s encryption key is captured when the Account performs a successful backup following the upload of the Group Certificate.
Note: It is not possible to capture the encryption key of an Account retrospectively. The Group Certificate must be in place and the account must have completed a backup for the key to be captured. See also Article 1148.