Once you have received your Group Certificate file (.crt) back from Redstor, follow the steps below to upload it to the Storage Platform. If you have not yet requested a a Group Certificate, see Article 009.
- Navigate to the certificates folder on the machine running the Console. The default location is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates, but the directory may differ depending on your operating system. The Certificates folder contains subfolders for each Collection and/or Group on the Storage Platform.
- Paste the groupcertsigned.crt file into the relevant Group folder, e.g. C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates\[collectionname]\[groupname]sp.pro.redstor.com
Note: If the filename has the format groupname-groupcertsigned.crt, first rename it to groupcertsigned.crt.
- Next, open the Account Management view in the Storage Platform Console.
- Right-click the applicable Group name and click Certificate.
- Click Upload Group Certificate.
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates\DemoCollection\UK\Laptops
- An Account user’s encryption key is captured when the Account performs a successful backup following the upload of the Group Certificate. It is not possible to capture the encryption key of an Account retrospectively. The Group Certificate must be in place and the account must have completed a backup for the key to be captured. See also Article 1148.
- If your Console connects to a DNS other than sp.pro.redstor.com, this must reflect in the paths above. e.g. zasp.pro.redstor.com, issp.pro.redstor.com.