As an Administrator, you may find it useful to have access to the encryption keys used by your Accounts. You can gain access to these by requesting a Group Certificate and then uploading it to the Storage Platform using the Storage Platform Console. You can also request a Group Certificate for a Collection. This certificate will then be valid for all Collections and Groups within the parent Collection.
Important note: A backup agent's encryption key will only be captured when a backup is performed following the upload of the Group Certificate. If the agent is not active after the Group Certificate is uploaded, the key will not be captured.
To request a Group Certificate:
1. In the Account Management view of the the Storage Platform Console, right-click the relevant Group name and click Certificate.
2. Click Request Certificate.
3. In the Information box that appears, click OK.
4. In the Passphrase dialog box, type a passphrase, confirm it and click OK.
5. The info dialog box that appears will provide you with the location of your newly created certificate file (.csr). To activate your certificate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- your .csr file
- your signed Group Certificate request form (available for download below)
Redstor will return a group certificate file (.crt) to you, which you can then upload.