As an Administrator, you may find it useful to have access to the encryption keys used by your Accounts. You can gain access to these by requesting a Group Certificate and then uploading it to the Storage Platform using the Storage Platform Console. You can also request a Group Certificate for a Collection. This certificate will then be valid for all Collections and Groups within the parent Collection. Read more about Group Certificates here.
Important note: A backup agent's encryption key will only be captured when a backup is performed following the upload of the Group Certificate. If the agent is not active after the Group Certificate is uploaded, the key will not be captured.
To request a Group Certificate:
1. In the Account Management view of the the Storage Platform Console, right-click the relevant Group name and click Certificate.
2. Click Request Certificate.
3. In the Information box that appears, click OK.
4. In the Passphrase dialog box, type a passphrase, confirm it and click OK.
5. The dialog box that appears will provide you with the location of your newly created certificate file (.csr). To activate your certificate, log a support ticket by following these steps. When creating your ticket, remember to:
- attach your .csr file,
- attach your signed Group Certificate request form, which you can download at the end of this page, and
- select Group Certificate in the Product or Component field.
6. Redstor will return a certificate file (.crt) to you in response to your support ticket. You can then upload your Group Certificate to the Storage Platform Console.
Download the group certificate request form here:
Article is closed for comments.