In certain scenarios, you may need to reconnect an ESE agent to a backup account. This may be necessary after a machine refresh as a result of end-of-life hardware; after settings have been lost due to an antivirus issue (read more here); or in the case of connecting a second machine to the same account (this is possible, but not recommended).
To reconnect to an account, follow these steps:
1. Open the ESE Agent and go to Tools > Wizards > Account Wizard.
2. Supply the platform address, the group name (group GUID for collections created in the RedApp), and the group's account create key.
- If this information is already stored, you can just click Next.
- If you do not have this information to hand, follow these steps.
3. Choose I want to connect to an existing Backup Account.
Note: To transfer all existing settings, tick Restore configuration from last backup.
If you proceed with the reconnection without ticking this box, but you want to retain your settings, you will need to transfer them manually afterwards. To do this, complete the reconnection up to Step 6 below, then stop the Redstor ESE service and close the application. Copy over the file backupset.xml and any file with the extension .json from the install directory of the previous account to the new location of the account. Restart the ESE service.
4. You will next need to enter your account name, password and encryption key. If you did not uninstall the Agent, the password and encryption key will be autofilled.
Note: If the account was created in the RedApp, the password will have been randomly generated. The password will need to be reset before attempting to reconnect.
If you make use of any proxy settings, click Set up connection settings....
Select Use HTTP proxy and enter the relevant details. Then click Next.
6. Click Next again to confirm, then click Reconnect.