To configure Archiving for an account, follow the steps below.
1. Click on the Archive button in the Redstor Pro ESE Agent.
2. In the Start Archiving dialog box that appears, click Configure.
3. Determine the criteria by which files will be archived. This can be done in two ways:
- By archiving only files that have not been accessed for a selected period of time, or
- By selecting specific folders.
Exclusions can be applied to specific paths on the machine to prevent files from being stubbed.
- To prevent system crashes, we recommend that you exclude any folder accessed during boot.
- Top-level volumes (such as drive letters) and domain controllers or similar servers should not be selected for archiving.
- If you need to archive data from multiple mount points, follow these steps.
4. Click OK to confirm the configuration. The Start Archiving dialog box will now show which paths have been set up and will allow you to start an archiving process, or to calculate savings from archiving on your local disk.
5. Click Start Archiving to initiate the archiving process manually from the user interface. Archiving will also run automatically on the last scheduled backup of the day.