To use our Archiving feature, you will need an Archiving licence. You will also need to enable Archiving for each collection/group you want to archive.
To activate the Archiving feature:
1. Obtain an Archiving licence for your Storage Platform.
Note: If you are running your own Storage Platform, please contact email@example.com to start this process. Otherwise, contact your Redstor account manager.
2. Once an Archiving licence is present on the Storage Platform, enable Archiving for each relevant collection/group. You can do this by ticking the Archiving checkbox in the Licences tab of the Storage Platform Console.
If the Archiving checkbox is not visible for a particular collection/group, make sure that it is checked at the highest level to which you have access. If it is not visible at all, please contact your Redstor reseller for support.
3. As soon as Archiving is licenced for a particular group, an Archive button will appear in the toolbar of the relevant ESE Agent.
- Archiving is only suitable for Storage Platforms that are configured with MirrorServers accessible to the Agent. In most cases, this means they have public IP addresses or DNS names.
- Archiving is for Windows 64-bit operating systems only. Even if the feature is enabled, the Archiving button will not be displayed on unsupported operating systems.