In principle, the total size of all the Groups contained within a Collection or Accounts contained within a Group is always limited to the size that has been set for the parent node. The maximum size that can be set for a parent node is subject to the Storage Platform's activation limit. To see your activation limit, do the following:
- Open the Console and go to the Storage Platform Configuration view.
- Click on the top-most AccountServer node. Activation Information will appear in the Summary tab in the workspace to the right.
- The activation limit you are looking for is the Maximum Allocation value in the Summary tab.
Contact Redstor Technical Support if you need the activation limit to be adjusted.
Automatic Group/Collection limits
A Group/Collection's storage limit can be set in the Console. Right-click the name of the relevant Group/Collection and click Configure Group.
- Under Group Storage Limit, the Automatic selection indicates that the Group/Collection's limit is inherited from its parent (i.e. the Storage Platform's activation limit discussed above).
- Selecting Limited to and entering a value in GB is the second option for setting a Group/Collection's storage limit.
Storage limits can be unrestricted, but only if the Storage Platform's activation is unlimited. (This will be clear from the Maximum Allocation value discussed above.)
Limits for new Groups
A new Group that is created inherits its storage limit from its parent node unless the limit is adjusted manually.
How moving Groups affects the storage limit
A Group cannot be moved into a Collection if doing so will cause that Collection's storage limit to be exceeded.