The SIMS/FMS/Discover database plugin is a specialised plugin to protect Schools Information Management System (SIMS) data. This article provides information on how to obtain the latest versions and install the plugin.
First-time installation of the plugin
Get the latest Agent and plugin installer:
- Download the latest ClientUpdate.exe and plugin installer from the Downloads page.
Note: For a list of the latest release versions, please see Article 1065.
The plugin installer must be the same version as the Agent to allow the installation of the plugin.
- Create an MSI for the Agent and install it (see Article 103).
- Once the installation is complete, run the Server Edition plugin installer.
- When running the installer, you'll be prompted to enter some details.
- Step 1: Make sure the installation folder is correct.
- Step 2: Select "SIMS" in the list of plugins.
- Step 3: If you're happy with the changes, proceed by clicking the Apply Requested Changes button.
- Step 4: Click Finish.
- Open the Agent and configure the SIMS plugin (see Article 544).
Plugin auto updates
Once auto updates are enabled for the particular Groups, and any new Agent auto updates have been extracted onto the Storage Platform, the SIMS/FMS/Discover plugin will automatically be updated during the next backup.
If FMS is installed but not SIMS, the plugin will still display both the SIMS and FMS options. Navigate to the SIMS configuration page and deselect the Backup SIMS SQL Server check box. Failure to do so will cause backups to display an error that the SIMS plugin has not yet been configured.