To give the Redstor Pro service access to files/folders that only a specific user or user group has access to, you need to be able to run the service (Agent or Storage Platform) as a specific user. To set the service to run as a specific user:
- Right-click your Windows key and go to Computer Management.
- Go to Services and Applications > Services.
- Locate the service you want to access, e.g. Redstor Pro ESE or Redstor AccountServer.
- Right-click the service and choose Properties.
- In the dialog box that appears, go to the Log on tab and select This Account.
- Use the Browse button to select the appropriate account (or type the domain\user)
- Specify and confirm the password for this user and click OK.
- Stop and restart the relevant service to ensure that it is running as the specific user.