In the event that your backup fails with messages like 'Exception:null' or 'Unable to recover from exception in backup process null', you may get additional information on the problem by running the Redstor Pro service in debug mode.
1. Stop the Redstor Pro service in Computer Management (the runner will show a red circle with a cross in the system tray).
2. Navigate to the Agent's installation folder (default location C:\Program Files\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client SE).
3. Open the Command Prompt and run one of the following commands as Administrator (the user that the Redstor Pro service runs as):
- 32-bit install: a5backup -debug
- 64-bit install: a5backup64 -debug
4. This will start the service in debug mode and show any error messages in the Command Prompt window. The runner in the system tray should now show the normal icon again.
5. Now open the Agent as usual. Perform a backup and check for any errors in the Command Prompt window.
6. Press Ctrl-BREAK in the Command Prompt window to stop the debugging service.
7. Copy the info logged at the Command Prompt and email it to Redstor Support. Include the backupservice.log file located in the root of the DL or SE folder.
8. Start the service again from Windows Computer Management.