The Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) backup client is unable to run a backup or start the service.
The ESE stores its local files separately in "C:\ProgramData\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client ESE". Only one path is specified. This data path can be changed in the ESE client GUI, but this may not always be possible. For example, if you run out of space on the C drive, the ESE client service will be unable to start, preventing you from changing the setting.
To fix the issue:
- Stop the ESE service.
- Navigate to the ESE installation folder (by default C:\Program Files\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client ESE\).
- Open the a5backup.properties file in Notepad.
- Find the line beginning odb.dir. If the line does not exist, create it and specify the new local data location, using double backslashes \\ for folder separators. For example, for the path F:\A5\Data the setting will be:
- Save and close the file.
- Move any existing data from the old data location to the new data location.
- When complete, start the ESE Service.
Old Article ID: 291
Previous Views: 352
Posted: 27 Feb, 2015 by Flood A.