1. We have improved the way we associate backup group and account parameters in the report schedule by replacing the name with the GUID when the group or account is saved. This prevents issues in reports when a group or account is moved or renamed.
2. When configuring a collection in the Storage Platform Console, you now have the option to add unlimited licences (if these are available).
3. We have added backup support for symlinks. Symlink files are no longer resolved to their targets; instead, the target path is stored as part of the symlink file. This results in smaller total backups, since multiple copies of the target are not stored.
Enterprise Server Edition
1. We have become aware of a subset of School information Management System (SIMS) customers being affected by a security improvement in a recent Java update to ESE. This is caused by Java no longer accepting communications that are secured by deprecated TLS versions (1.0 and 1.1). To check if you are affected, please see Article 1392. In summary:
- We have updated the Java Runtime Environment and log4j framework within this.
- The Java SSL/TLS security has been improved to remove legacy protocols. This should not impact on connectivity to the Redstor Storage Platform, as the older protocols have already been deprecated there.
- If you use the SIMS backup feature, backups may be impacted if your SQL server only serves TLS 1.0 or 1.1. Please see Article 1392 for more detail.
The rollout of this ESE version has been halted, but we are planning to re-enable it on 17 May 2022 to ensure that all customers receive the security improvements this version brings. If you need to block this rollout until you have had a chance to evaluate your estate, please contact our support team.
2. We now prevent the installation of legacy SE or DL agents on newer operating systems.
3. We have added a setting to override the rule that system-state-included files cannot be archived. This can be done by adding the following in a5backup.properties, with a comma-separated list of quoted paths, as shown here:
|43259||Console showing OS for Windows 11 as Windows 10 in backup logs and on Storage Platform|
|45751||Allow the ESE 'log.level' setting to be a lowercase value|
Article is closed for comments.