The issue may be caused by one of the following:
1. Agent unable to communicate with Azure Service Bus
To resolve this, confirm that the node the Redstor Kubernetes Agent deployment is running on can connect to the Azure Service Bus.
- ZA: hostname rks-za.servicebus.windows.net, ports 5671 and 443
- UK: hostname rks-uk.servicebus.windows.net, ports 5671 and 443
2. The redstor-k8s-rka deployment (in the redstor-k8s-* namespace) is experiencing issues
The cluster may have stopped due to insufficient resources/nodes. To resolve this, increase resources by stopping/removing unused services, or adding new nodes/resources.
If the redstor-k8s-rka deployment is in an error state, consider the following:
- Consult the event history, as well as the logs of the "redstor-k8s-rka-*" pod, to aid in troubleshooting.
- Restart the deployment.
- Remove the cluster from the RedApp and re-add it.