Backup and recovery of Salesforce form part of our cloud service offering. For more on what functionality we support, click here.
Note: To use the service, you need to be both a Redstor collection administrator, and a system administrator for your organisation.
Use the guide below to manage your Salesforce backups.
1. To add a new backup set, go to Salesforce in the sidebar on the left.
2. Click Add at the top right.
3. Select the environment you want to back up.
4. You will now need to sign into Salesforce. Click Next to proceed.
5. Allow the requested access.
4. Back on the web app, click on the name of your backup set in the sidebar to the left.
5. To start a backup of this data, click the ellipsis to the right and go to Backup.
You can monitor the progress of your backup at the top of the home page or under Notifications > Tasks.
You will receive a message under Notifications > Recent when the backup completes.
To see a complete history of your notifications and tasks, click See all.
You can customise which columns you see on the backup set home page by going to Customise display.
You can also view an audit trail of all activities and which users performed them by clicking on the icon at the top right.
1. On the home page for the relevant backup set, click on Backup schedule > Edit.
2. Set your preferences and click on the check mark.
1. On the home page for the relevant backup set, click on the ellipsis and select Recover. You will need to authenticate before proceeding.
An InstantData link will be generated that can be used to recover the data.
Use the icons on the right to copy the link for sharing, or download the InstantData agent directly onto the machine where you want to recover the data. We protect objects, custom objects and metadata. After recovering, the data will be in .csv format. You can then import these files back into Salesforce using its native Data Import Wizard.
If you are unfamiliar with InstantData, these steps can provide guidance.
1. On the home page for the relevant backup set, click on the ellipsis to expand more options, then click Remove.
2. Confirm the deletion by clicking Remove.
1. On the home page for the relevant backup set, click on the ellipsis to expand more options, then click Rename.
2. Enter the new name for the backup set and click Update.