Get the latest Redstor Pro installers from the Downloads section.
Rebranded installers available here.
Rebranded installers available here.
Enterprise Server Edition
- You will now be warned when a symlink's target is not included in a backup.
- A warning will be logged when a symlink is selected for backup, but its target file is not.
- A menu item for System Report generation has been added.
- Previously, the System Report icon was only visible in the Backup and Restore views.
Brand information can now be customised.
- A custom email address can be supplied for email notifications.
- Custom support information can be supplied for display under Help > About.
- See also the Storage Platform notes below.
Web Console (available for preview)
As a Redstor Platform customer, you can now manage your data securely from anywhere using our Web Console. The Web Console currently offers the following functionality:
To access the web console, go to:
Check the status of your last backups, restores, archives, and the Storage Platform overall.
Scan your entire estate to see your data selected for backup, files last accessed, used space on your machines, and much more. See Article 1216
- Mass deployment:
Quickly roll out data protection and Insight for large numbers of accounts. Use a generic installer to create a new account directly from the Web Console without generating a custom MSI. See Article 1200.
Identity and Access Management (in preview on the Redstor UK platform only)
- Redstor Platform customers can now use single sign-on through an Identity Management System (IMS) such as Microsoft Active Directory or Google to manage access to their Console.
- To enable your single sign-on for the Preview Storage Platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is now possible to convert SE accounts to ESE even if auto updates are disabled.
- Previously, conversion was not possible if auto updates were disabled for the account's group.
When converting from SE to ESE, an automatic verification will now be run as soon as the conversion completes.
- Also see Article 904
Brand information can now be customised under Profiling.
Column customisation can now be saved.
- The columns listed after "Search Indexed" are custom columns.
- When the Customise Columns dialog box opens, only the custom fields for that group will show up in the list. Switching to another group may therefore result in different fields being listed.
- "Restore Defaults" will make all fields visible except "Hardware Address".
- Switching between groups will apply the configured customisation.
- Custom columns will have the same background as the other columns in the row.
Transparent Proxy Support for Full System Recovery in InstantData
Cloud to Cloud
You will now be prompted for confirmation before a restore starts.
The following issues have been resolved:
Red: Critical issues Green: Issues fixed in update
|23042||Backup client version not updating on v19.5 AS|
|22458||IntegrityCheck does not send event when error occurs in LoadClientReferences|
|22111||Role-based user logging into SP v19.4 with Console v19.3 gets error instead of upgrade dialog|
|19360||Possible to create Collection under Group using hotkeys|
|Storage Platform Console|
|22516||Remote Tunnel should not use proxy (connect to SS via AS option)|
|22360||Instant Data Perm/Temp doesn’t seem to kill session after un-mounting the Mapping|
|22124||Instant Data Temp 19.4 - unhandled exception on wrong key|
|22501||Improve Azure KeyVault request throttling|
|21167||OneDrive and SharePoint files get processed again even when unchanged|
|ESE Backup Client|
|23018||Backup failure due to timeout and retries when uploading large indexes|
|22983||Stack overflow when error encountered while scanning directory|
|22864||Stack overflow when error encountered while scanning directory|
|22296||Change "Include" to "Select" on "Select Folder" dialog|
|22013||When backing up SQL via FSB, the SQL view is then missing under the Restore tab|
|20678||Custom columns enabled in deployment do not show in the Account Wizard|
|19282||Profiled folder inclusion for Windows shows in Linux ESE for 18.11|
|17513||Network share specified as ' \\\\Server\share' for local copy path fails the backup|
|16996||Repairing an install for converted SE account reverts client to SE|
|10294||Opening of Options dialog shows "Retrieving settings" but it does not actually retrieve them|