Redstor's mobile app enables you to manage your data on the go. With just the touch of a fingerprint, you can:
• connect and manage multiple accounts on a single device;
• browse, download and share files;
• monitor usage trends; and
• view the history and status of backup tasks,
while strong encryption takes care of security.
How to link an instance of our app to an Account
1. Go to our app's page on the App Store (for iOS users) or Google Play Store (for Android users) and download the app to your mobile device.
2. Open your ESE Agent and go to Options > Account Settings > Mobile Access.
3. Open the app on your device and tap the + button. Accept the permissions.
4. Scan the QR code displayed in your ESE Agent, as shown above. Alternatively, click Add Manually, complete all the fields and click Connect.
5. If using the QR code, enter the Account's encryption key. Accept the Terms and Conditions and click Connect.
6. The Stats view for this Account will open.
7. To start a backup, click Manage and then Backup. The backup will be queued immediately.
8. To see details about individual backups, open the Backups view or click Browse.
From here, you can drill down to see the contents of any backup.
9. To download, open or share a file, long press on the file name and select your action.
10. To change your settings, go to Menu > Settings.
To set up a Master Password, switch on the Master Password slider button.
Enter and confirm a password of your choice, then click Save. You can also enable fingerprint authentication, in which case you will be asked for a fingerprint.
To remove the Master Password, switch off the slider button.
Enter the current Master Password and click Remove.
To change the download link expiry time (default: one hour), go to Link Expiration. Change the time as needed and click Done.
Note: Downloads are not yet available on iOS.
To customise the notifications you receive from the app, go to Notification Channel and set your preferences.
You can also opt out of all notifications by switching off the Notification Topics slider button.
Note: Notifications are not yet available on iOS.