The Redstor Storage Platform allows your organisation to replace internal single-factor authentication (i.e. username and password) with single sign-on (SSO) through Microsoft Azure Active Directory. Read more here.
To set up identity management through Azure AD, follow the steps below. Note that this action can only be performed by tenant owners.
1. On the Control Centre home page, click on the gear (Settings) icon at the top right.
2. Select Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
3. You will be prompted for the following information:
To obtain this information:
- Log into the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Choose Azure Active Directory in the sidebar on the left.
At the top of the page or within Tenant information you will see your Primary domain as registered with Microsoft (e.g. contoso.com). Copy and paste this into the Tenant Domain field in the Control Centre form.
- Go to App Registrations.
- Click on New registration.
- Enter a user-friendly name to identify the app, e.g. Redstor Control Centre.
- Under Supported account types, select the first option (Accounts in this organizational directory only).
- Under Redirect URI (optional), select Web and enter the URI provided above the setup form in the Control Centre.
Depending on which Redstor platform your use, this will be one of the following:
- ZA & IS
- ZA & IS
Note: To ensure both new and older interfaces work with this process, you may wish to add further redirect URIs. If you make use of the RedApp, you will also need to add a second URI. Please see Step 5 below.
- Click Register.
- Copy the application ID that is generated. Copy and paste this into the Client ID field in the Control Centre form.
- Add a password by going to Certificates & Secrets > Client Secrets > New Client Secret. Copy and paste the value into the Client Secret field in the Control Centre form.
4. To complete the setup process in the Control Centre, leave the Extra Options field blank and click Submit.
5. Once your app registration has been created in Azure AD, you will see a summary of its information. To add additional Redirect URIs, click the link to the immediate right of Redirect URIs, or go to Authentication in the sidebar on the left:
On the Authentication page, under Web, click on Add URI.
Add a URI and click Save. You will need to do this for each URI you want to add.
If you make use of the RedApp, you will need to add one of the following depending on your platform:
- UK: https://api.pro.redstor.com/auth/token
- ZA & IS: https://zasp.pro.redstor.com/auth/token
Whether or not you use the RedApp, it is also recommended that you add the following: