Our mass deployment functionality can be used to quickly roll out data protection and Insight for large numbers of accounts. Mass deployment uses a generic installer to create a new account directly from the web console, eliminating the need to generate and download a custom MSI file.
System requirements for mass deployment
- ESE backup client v19.2 or later
- Windows 7 or later OR Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later
- PowerShell 3.0 or higher
- .NET Framework x64 4.5 or higher
How to create a new account
- Open your Web Console in the Account management view, drill down to the relevant Group, and click + .
- Select your operating system.
- Copy the provided script.
- To deploy to a local machine:
Paste this script into your PowerShell command prompt and run.
- To deploy to a remote machine with remote access enabled:
Paste this script into the remote machine's PowerShell command prompt and run.
- To deploy to a remote machine without remote access enabled:
Save this script into a text file and send to the remote machine or transfer using external media. Copy the script from the text file into the new machine's PowerShell command prompt and run.
- Once the installation has completed, close PowerShell and open the Redstor Pro ESE application.
- In the Storage Platform settings dialog box, enter the required information, and click Next.
- Select I want to create a new Backup Account, and click Next.
- Provide an Account name, password and encryption key of your choice, and click Next.
IMPORTANT: THIS ENCRYPTION KEY NEEDS TO BE KEPT IN A SAFE PLACE AS IT CANNOT BE RESET IF FORGOTTEN.
- Click Next to confirm the details and create the Account, which will now become visible from the Console.
- Once the Account has been created, it will be allocated some storage from its backup group. The default Account size can be customised as required.
- You can now specify when you would like automatic backups to occur. Click Next when you're done.
Note: The Backup Pro ESE Client uses a working folder to process the backup. It is important to exclude this working folder from any antivirus software on this host in order to make backups faster and more reliable. The default path to exclude is C:\ProgramData\Redstor Pro\Backup Client ESE\data.
- Click Next to confirm the backup summary.
- Click Finish to complete the Client setup.
- To do a test backup, select a file(s)/folder(s) to back up, or switch on the Full System Backup option at the top, then click Backup.