Our mass deployment functionality can be used to quickly roll out data protection and Insight for large numbers of accounts. Mass deployment uses a generic installer to create a new account directly from the web console, eliminating the need to generate and download a custom MSI file.
System requirements for mass deployment
- ESE Data Management Agent v19.2 or later
- Windows 7 or later OR Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later
- PowerShell 3.0 or higher
- .NET Framework x64 4.5 or higher
How to create a new Account
- Open your Web Console in the Account management view and drill down to the relevant Group. Click the menu on the right, and select Add machines.
- Create an encryption key for your new Account.
- Select your operating system.
- Copy the provided script. You can also use the Copy script button.
- To deploy to a local machine:
Paste this script into your PowerShell command prompt and run.
- To deploy to a remote machine with remote access enabled:
Paste this script into the remote machine's PowerShell command prompt and run.
- To deploy to a remote machine without remote access enabled:
Save this script into a text file and send to the remote machine or transfer using external media. Copy the script from the text file into the new machine's PowerShell command prompt and run.
- Once the installation has completed, close PowerShell and open the Redstor Pro ESE application.