Enterprise Server Edition
- No more failed backups due to an offline MS SQL database.
- The backup will complete with an error indicating the database is offline (similar to Exchange).
- The Database will also be shown as offline in the Restore view.
Manage SQL and Exchange offline databases
- By default, offline database files will be kept in the backup selection.
- The default behaviour can be changed to remove offline databases and files from the backup.
- Note: Include databases directly to ensure that they will be kept in the backup selection when the behaviour is set to Ignore and remove offline databases
When an excluded file is deleted from the system, the file will be listed as offline in the Backup selection view
- Previously the file was not visible in the selection when deleted from the system and a manual process was required to remove it from the backup selection.
- It is now possible to remove the excluded file marked as 'offline' with the right-click option, Remove.
- The default restore path on Windows changed
- It defaults to a path in the root of the SystemDrive, e.g. C:\Restore
- SE to ESE conversion improvement:
- Automatically start a backup once the ESE upgrade is complete
- User interface for moving of Local Backup Copy to a new location updated
- User interface updated for a similar user experience across various options (e.g. Logs location)
- Viewing a file/folder in Windows Explorer is just a right-click away
- Command Line Interface for Linux ESE includes new arguments and commands
- By default, the user is prompted for required information. You can provide some or all of this information without prompting the user by specifying a response file.
- List the Client version, Brand ID and Java version.
- See Knowledge Base article 1015 for detailed information.
- OS Support for CentOS 7: 32- and 64-bit
The following issues have been resolved:
Red: Critical issues Green: Issues fixed in update
|13659||SE to ESE Conversion failure on MirrorServer|
|13368||Cannot manually enter path in Full System Recovery - next button disabled.|
|12149||Certificates do not propagate to mirrors on migrated SS-MS pair|
|12063||When installing a Slave AS it will default to the incorrect SQL server|
|11899||Downloading InstantData twice from email link causes it to fail|
|Storage Platform Console|
|12916||Disabling the 'Views to Always Keep Visible' in the 'Fixed Views' tab results in 'Object reference not set' error|
|12614||"Method not found" Error during Console install if incorrect .Net version is installed|
|12596||When attempting a Remote Start Backup from the Console, a "Precondition Failed" message displays|
|9039||InstantData wants to download every time you open it from the Console|
|ESE Backup Client|
|13473||Fuse filesystems excluded as system exclusion on Linux|
|13136||'Retrieve settings' is not updating the Account details in the Options dialog|
|13041||Client is reporting the incorrect number of indexes to SP|
|12719||The ESE Client Support-Bundle.ps1 script needs to be updated to include .json and other relevant files|