One of the ways in which you can use InstantData is to do a Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) directly to new physical hardware.
You will need:
- A target machine that is physically connected to the internet
- The InstantData BMR application
- An external storage device
- A Windows boot device (e.g. CD or USB drive)
See the screenshots below for more detailed instructions.
1. Download the BMR application from the Storage Platform Console onto the external device.
2. Connect this device to the target machine.
3. Use the Windows boot device to boot into the new machine.
4. Open the Windows command prompt.
5. Run wpeinit to initialise networking.
6. Execute the BMR application from the external device using command-line arguments (run BMR with -help for help).
Not what you're looking for? You may wish to: