Backup and restore of machines forms part of our web app service. To backup a machine, watch our video guide here, or follow the steps below. If you have already downloaded an agent installer file, skip to here.
Step 1: Create a folder to house your machine
1. Log into the Redstor cloud portal.
2. Click on Machines in the sidebar.
3. Click on Add folder at the top. You will be asked to provide a name for your folder.
4. An overview of your folder will appear.
5. Click the ellipsis next to the Deploy button to expand the folder settings. Select Set storage limit.
6. Set a default storage limit for machines in this folder, and click the check mark to save.
Step 2: Deploy an agent to install on your machine
1. On the folder overview, click on Deploy at the top.
2. Select your operating system.
3. Make sure Full System Backup and Remote Acccess are enabled, for optimal performance.
4. Provide an encryption key, or use the generated key, and store this key in a safe place. Then click Download Agent to get the installer file for your machine's backup agent.
1. Run the downloaded installer file on the machine you want to backup.
2. Once the installation has completed, you can open the Redstor Pro ESE application from the Start Menu. If the application is not yet visible, you can open the tray application in C:\Program Files\Redstor Pro\Backup Client ESE from the File Explorer.
3. To run your first backup, click the Backup button at the top.