Backup and restore of Xero (currently only available on the UK marketplace) forms part of our Cloud to Cloud service offering. Use the guide below to manage your Xero backups.
1. Log into AppDirect.
2. Go to Applications and click on Xero backup and recovery.
You can also hover over the Applications icon to see a list of your apps, and access Xero from there.
3. After clicking on Xero, you will be signed into the Redstor web app automatically.
4. To add a new backup set, go to Xero in the sidebar on the left.
5. Click Add at the top right.
6. You will now need to sign into Xero. Click Next to proceed.
7. Select the organisation(s) you want to connect and click Continue.
8. The name of your newly created backup set will now appear on the side navigation of the Redstor web app. Click on the name to proceed with your first backup or make changes to the backup set.
9. When you go to your new organisation's backup set, the Backup now button will be enabled. Click on it to start your first backup.
You can then monitor the progress of your backup from the home page.
1. On the home page for the relevant Xero backup set, click on Backup schedule > Edit.
2. Set your preferences and click on the check mark.
1. On the home page for the relevant Xero backup set, click on Recover. This option will only be available if a backup of the set has successfully completed.
2. Select how long you want the InstantData link(s) to be valid (top right). Then select the applicable account(s) and click Recover.
4. Download the InstantData agent(s) using the Download button or use Copy to clipboard to get the shareable link(s) for the agents. From there, follow these steps to recover your data.
1. On the home page for the relevant Xero backup set, click on the ellipsis to expand more options, then click Delete.
2. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.