Backup and recovery of Google Classroom form part of our Google service offering. For more on what functionality we support, click here.
- To use the service, you need to be both a Redstor collection administrator, and a Google super administrator for your tenant organisation.
Use the guide below to manage your Classroom backups.
Watch our video or follow the steps below.
1. Log into the RedApp.
2. To add a new backup set, go to Google Workspace in the sidebar on the left.
3. Click the Add button at the top right.
4. Select Classroom and click Next.
5. On the permission card, click Next.
6. After logging into Google, you will see the following screen. Click on Get the Redstor app.
7. You will be taken to the Redstor Cloud Backup page on the Google Marketplace. Click on Domain Install.
8. Click Continue.
9. Agree to the terms and conditions and click Allow.
10. Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
As shown here, you can access the app at any time by going to the App Launcher at the top right of the screen. (Scroll down until you see Redstor Cloud Backup.)
11. Close the Google Marketplace tab in your browser to return to the RedApp. Our system will have picked up that permissions have been allowed and you will see a summary of your backup selection.
When a new backup set is created, we include all courses by default. To make changes to your backup set, go to Backup selection > Edit.
12. Select/deselect the relevant course(s) and click Save.
The Backup button will be enabled. Click on it if you wish to start your first backup. You can monitor the progress of your backup at the top of the home page or under Notifications > Tasks.
You will receive a message under Notifications > Recent when the backup completes.
To see a complete history of your notifications and tasks, click See all.
You can customise which columns you see on the backup set home page by going to Customise display.
You can also view an audit trail of all activities and which users performed them by clicking on the icon at the top right.
1. On the home page for the relevant Classroom backup set, click on Backup selection > Edit.
2. Select/deselect the name(s) of the course(s) you want to add to/remove from this backup set and click Save. Click Backup to start a backup or Cancel to go back.
3. The number of courses selected will show under Backup selection on the backup set's home page.
Note: Courses that have been removed from the backup selection are still retained on the Storage Platform until you request that they be permanently deleted. Read more here.
1. On the home page for the relevant Classroom backup set, click on Backup Schedule > Edit.
2. Set your preferences and click on the check mark.
1. On the home page for the relevant Classroom backup set, locate the course you wish to recover. Click on the menu icon and select Recover.
You can also select multiple courses to recover. When you're ready, click Recover.
Note: You will need to authenticate before you can proceed with a recovery.
For each course, a shareable link will be generated that can be used to recover the course's data. Use the Copy option to share the link to the InstantData application, or Download the application.
Run the application on the machine where you wish to recover the data.
Select between Permanent and Temporary recovery, and click Next. The application will open a window where you can see all files and folders available for recovery. Simply drag and drop these from the application into your File Explorer to recover them. You can then use the recovered files to re-populate a new course.
1. On the home page for the relevant Classroom backup set, click on the menu icon to expand more options, then click Remove.
2. Confirm the deletion by clicking Remove.
1. On the home page for the relevant Classroom backup set, click on the menu icon to expand more options, then click Rename.
2. Enter the new name for the backup set and click Update.