With traditional recovery methods of large files (e.g. databases) from a backup server, you need to wait for all data to be restored completely before you can access a file. InstantData's innovative technology allows you to access your backed-up files almost immediately. Even if you have many large files, you can restore several of them simultaneously. Just drag and drop a set of files to their desired location and InstantData will do the rest. Please note that we strongly recommend testing all disaster recovery measures before implementing them.
Key benefits of InstantData:
- Rapid recovery time (low RTO)
- Recover to local disk or access files without requiring disk space
- Recover full servers into a bootable state
To activate InstantData, see Article 925.
To use InstantData, simply click on the InstantData icon in the Restore tab of your ESE Agent and choose your recovery method.
Note: If Full System Backup is not enabled, you will only see limited files in the browser.
InstantData allows you to access your backups on a virtual drive created temporarily for this purpose. You can simply use Windows Explorer to browse to the file you need and double-click to open it.
With InstantData, you can drag and drop the required files from the InstantData backup browser to Windows Explorer and start using them immediately. InstantData will restore the file sections that you are using first, while doing the rest in the background.
3. To recover an entire system
InstantData enables you to restore the data of an entire machine into a bootable virtual disk for use in a virtual machine.
4. To do a Bare Metal Recovery
Restore a full, bootable system directly to new physical hardware.
InstantData tips for Administrators
- The InstantData app will handle connection breaks by automatically attempting to reconnect to the relevant StorageServer. Notifications appear in the system tray.
- InstantData will provide data compatibility feedback when accessing data that is not accessible through the app. Notifications appear in the system tray.
- All logs are kept under %AppData%\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\InstantData\logs
- Administrators can also use the command-line interface to automate certain tasks during disaster recovery. See InstantData: Command-line parameters for details.
Limitations of InstantData
- The InstantData button is only enabled in the Console for Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) Accounts, and not for legacy SE and DL Accounts.
- Only Group Administrators (or higher) can open the InstantData app in the Console.
- A Windows limitation used to exist whereby the security and ownership settings of files in paths of longer than 260 characters could not be restored. This was addressed by Microsoft in 2016 and by Redstor with the release of Archiving in v18.3, and is therefore no longer an issue.