Backup and recovery of Gmail form part of our Google service offering. For more on what functionality we support, click here.
- Note: To use the service, you need to be both a Redstor collection administrator, and a Google super administrator for your tenant organisation. You will also need to enable certain permissions in Google. See our setup video for assistance.
Use the guide below to manage your Gmail backups.
1. Log into the Redstor web app.
2. To add a new backup set, Go to Google Workspace in the sidebar on the left.
3. Click Add at the top right.
4. Select Gmail and click Next.
5. If you have not yet set up permissions for Redstor in Google, you will need to do so now. Click How to set up or this link for instructions. If you have already set up your organisation, select it from the drop-down menu, then click Next.
6. You will now be taken to your Gmail home page, where you will see a summary of your accounts. When a new backup set is created, we include all accounts by default. To make changes to your backup set, go to Backup selection > Edit.
7. Select/deselect the relevant account(s) and click Save.
The Backup button will be enabled. Click on it if you wish to start your first backup. You can monitor the progress of your backup at the top of the home page or under Notifications > Tasks.
You will receive a message under Notifications > Recent when the backup completes.
To see a complete history of your notifications and tasks, click See all.
You can customise which columns you see on the backup set home page by going to Customise display.
You can also view an audit trail of all activities and which users performed them by clicking on the icon at the top right.
1. On the home page for the relevant Gmail backup set, click on Backup selection > Edit.
2. Select the name(s) of the account(s) you want to add to this backup set and click Save. (You can also use the Search field to find a specific account.) Click Backup to start a backup or Cancel to go back.
3. The number of accounts selected will show under Backup selection on the backup set's home page.
1. On the home page for the relevant Gmail backup set, click on Backup Schedule > Edit.
2. Set your preferences and click on the check mark.
1. On the home page for the relevant Gmail backup set, locate the account you wish to recover. Click on the ellipsis and select Recover.
To recover an individual item, first click on the ellipsis and select Open to expand the relevant account.
Then drill down and make your selection. Click Recover when you are ready.
You can also select a specific backup date to recover, and then select All to recover everything from that backup.
Use the Search field on the backup set home page to find a specific item to recover.
Your selected items will be recovered to a new folder named Redstor Restores and appended with the backup date's timestamp.
1. On the home page for the relevant Gmail backup set, click on the ellipsis to expand more options, then click Remove.
2. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
1. On the home page for the relevant Gmail backup set, click on the ellipsis to expand more options, then click Rename.
2. Enter the new name for the backup set and click Update.