There are two Account types: Evaluation (free trial) Accounts and Registered (paid) Accounts. An Account's type can be checked in the Account Management view of the Storage Platform Console. To do this:
1. Open the relevant Group in the Accounts tab of the workspace, and check the relevant Account's entry in the Registered column. An entry of TRUE means the Account type is Registered; an entry of FALSE means the Account type is Evaluation.
2. If you do not see the Registered column in the Accounts tab, click the Columns button on the toolbar at the top, tick the Registered checkbox, and click Close.
How to upgrade or downgrade an Account
1. In the Account Management view, open the relevant Group in the Accounts tab of the workspace.
Account type vs Account status vs backup status
Account type is not to be confused with:
- Account status, which indicates whether an Account is active or has been disabled. Disabling an Account prevents backups from that Account, although it is possible to re-enable the Account when needed. An Account's status can be checked under the Active column in the Accounts tab. An entry of TRUE means the Account status is Active; an entry of FALSE means the Account status is Disabled.
- Backup status (e.g. successful or failed), which is indicated by differently coloured symbols, as explained in Article 027.