Note: The ESE backup client can import HSM data directly (i.e. not through the Storage Platform) using the Snapshot functionality.
HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management) data consists of roll-ups that were archived before they were deleted from the Storage Platform. To make a backup account’s HSM data available for a restore via the backup client, you need to import this data.
1. Navigate to the StorageServer’s HSM Export folder. To locate this folder, open the Storage Platform Management Console in the Storage Platform Configuration view. Right-click on the appropriate StorageServer name in the tree on the left and click Configure StorageServer. Go to the HSM tab of the dialog box. The Export folder location can be found in the first field of the HSM folders area.
2. Navigate to the HSM location Export location and open the appropriate backup group's folder.
3. HSM folders are named according to the last backup date contained in the roll-up. Open the folder containing the roll-ups you wish to make available to the client for restoring. Roll-up folders names follow the syntax YearMonthDayHourMinuteSecond, e.g. 20100614115403 for 14 June 2010, 11:54:03.
4. In the archived roll-up folder, you’ll find either an HSM folder (with a folder name that matches the backup account GUID) or a single HSM .tar file. If a full HSM folder is available, copy it to the clipboard. If a .tar file is available, untar the file and then copy the untarred files and folders to the clipboard.
5. Paste the HSM data (GUID folder name) into the StorageServer’s HSM Import folder. To locate this folder, go to the Storage Platform Management Console's Storage Platform Configuration view. Right-click on the appropriate StorageServer name in the tree on the left and click Configure StorageServer. Go to the HSM tab of the dialog box. The Import folder location can be found in the first field of the HSM folders area.
Note: To import multiple HSM archives, paste the HSM data (GUID folder name) for each archive that you want to import into the StorageServer’s HSM Import folder. If you get a notification that the folder already exists and you are asked whether you want to merge the folders, click Yes.
6. The HSM data should now be available for restoring from the backup client.